What comes to mind when you think of summer? Barbecues? Family time? Out of town guests? Why not welcome the season by brightening your home with a burst of color? Whether inside or out, paint and other decorative touches add warmth and vibrancy.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas:
1) Paint an interior room. Freshen up the walls by adding a splash of color to your kitchen, dining area, or guest room. Benjamin Moore offers an array of summery shades, such as dazzling yellow Sunshine or soothing Perennial green. A little paint can go a long way in creating a warm and inviting space.
2) Add fun accents. New throw pillows, window treatments, pictures, mirrors, or interesting knickknacks will spruce up your inside space in a snap. Whether store bought or the DIY kind, a sprinkling of accents will liven up any room and showcase your unique style.
3) Create an accent wall. For a daring statement, choose a wall in your living room or master suite and feature a color that complements existing décor. Try a bold and festive look with russet tones of Benjamin Moore’s Mexicana or soften it up tropical style with Peacock Blue. An accent wall can also create a new focal point for artwork, TV, or family photos.
4) Refresh exterior trim, shutters, or front door. Every home needs a facelift now and then, and a pop of color is just the thing for friendly curb appeal. Aura’s line of products such as Grand Entrance and Exterior Paints offer rich and vivid hues that will make a lasting impression on your guests.
5) Spruce up the deck, porch, or patio. Kick off barbecue season with a summertime makeover. Deck stains come in an assortment of weather friendly colors like Benjamin Moore’s striking Dakota Shadow or the more subtle Alexandria Beige. Hot dog, anyone?
6) Give outdoor furniture new life with a comfy twist. Bring the comfort of indoors to your outside space with new or do it yourself recovered cushions or accent pillows. Your guests will be sitting pretty, enjoying sunshine and good company.
Nothing says summer like festive, sunshiny hues. So why not make a splash with color? There’s no limit to what you can do!